Saturday 9 January 2016

Slavic numerals and alphabet by Kirill

Slavic numerals
and alphabet

Hi there!

That’s Kirill and now we are going to talk about ancient Slavic numerals.


Slavic are the group of people who will make countries like Muscovy (Which will then turn into Russia, Poland, or Ukraine. They like the romans, had the letters same as numbers. 
Here are some:

This is not the numbers or letters you are used  to, because they are from a long, long ago
and from countries far, far away. 

This alphabet is ancient and no countries use this alphabet now and certainly all of the countries that was using it before are using arabic numbers. They are MUCH easier to use.

Behind the scenes:

I was first wanted to do Chinese numbers, but someone was already doing that, so I decided to do Japanese. From my dad I had known that the Chinese and Japanese numbers are the same,

so I looked in my past and looked at numbers that was in use then.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you did Slavic numbers in the end Kirill! They seem to work like the Greek number system did - a different letter for each of the ones 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 9, then different letters for each of the tens 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90, and then a different letter for each of the hundreds: 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900.

    Well done for commenting on other people's posts too, Kirill!

    ReplyDelete